20 Best Link Building Tools and Their Uses
There are many techniques for building links, and while they vary in difficulty, SEOs tend to agree that link building is one of the hardest parts of their jobs. But, there are plenty of great tools out there that can make the process much easier and faster. We collected the best 20 link building tools that can definitely help you in building links and grow your company to a new heights.
1. Open Site Explorer – Open Site Explorer is a Mozscape index-powered workhorse. It’s built with speed and accessibility at the forefront and provides a tremendous amount of information about the links to any page or site. Open Site Explorer makes gathering, sorting and exporting link data easier than ever. Marketers all over the world use OSE to research backlinks, find link-building opportunities and discover potentially damaging, rank-impacting links. The SEOMoz Open Site Explorer offers similar features as MajesticSEO, although you’re able to access slightly more information with this program’s free version. Enter your competitor’s’ websites into the tool and pay special attention to their Inbound Links, Linking Domains, and Anchor Text – all of which may help inform your link building strategy.
2. Majestic SEO – Majestic SEO is one of the best link intelligence tools available to website owners today and the best part is that it’s free. It is one of the most advanced & reliable tools like software that functions are widely used by SEO analyzers & web developers. Majestic SEO tool tells the exact data of all websites by using its own algorithm & software that is the point which makes majestic one of the most valuable and trustful search engine optimization tool no matter if you are an individual or have number of clients.
3. Ahrefs – Ahrefs is the newest entry into the link research tool space. They use their own bot and their own index. Ahrefs can easily replace several tools and has already become essential for any SEO since it gives you new ideas for link-building and content analysis; social stats and ratings; export of any data for further analysis on your own; various charts and graphs for visual representation and much more. This tool allows you to quickly prioritize link prospects and ensure the partners you’re contacting will result in the biggest gains for your site.
4. BuzzStream – BuzzStream is perhaps one of the most well known and widely used tools. Equipping you with all of the tools that you need to manage and grow your relationship with industry influencers and other key persons, BuzzStream allows you to easily automate the link building and relationship management process with its comprehensive software. BuzzStream helps identify sites from which to request links, and makes this link building process efficient and human. It also allows you to easily manage communications between themselves and the website’s owner or writer. It offers a comprehensive link management system, including modules that focus on link research, prospect relationship management, and backlink tracking and analysis.
5. Raven Tools – Raven Tools is the ultimate platform for managing SEO, social media, content marketing and PPC campaigns. Raven Tools is used by thousands of Internet marketers around the world. Raven Tools’ SEO Tools feature isn’t cheap, but the data this program gives you access is well worth the expense. Raven Tools provide you with extensive options for competitive analysis as well as comprehensive marketing reports that will help you find weaknesses in your link profile and quickly remedy the situation. In addition to their detailed tools and reports to help you improve your link building strategy, Raven Tools also comes with a few extra goodies to help you level up your SEO.
6. Ontolo – Ontolo is a powerful tool that searches for quality prospects to help you increase your SEO rankings, like backlinking opportunities, guest blog posts and other marketable content. It also offers an incredible level of insight and easy to understand categorization and customization to the information in question. Ontolo offers automated link prospecting and enhanced competitor link profiling that take much of the tedious guess work out of link building. It Crawl, Parse, and Analyze Millions of Web Pages, at a Rate of over 250,000 URLs per Minute, in Your Own, Custom Search Engine.
7. SEMrush – is a powerful and versatile competitive intelligence suite for online marketing, from SEO and PPC to social media and video advertising research. It also allows you to
complete technical SEO audits, paid traffic analysis, and generate content trend summaries. Its content and PR tools allow you to monitor mentions, track industry trends, and perform backlink audits and analysis. SEMrush not only helps you perform day-to-day tasks, but also provides in-depth analysis that is very clear and can be easily incorporated into your digital marketing strategy and significantly improve your performance.
8. Advanced Link Manager – is another comprehensive SEO solution which combines on-site optimization analysis with link prospecting and relationship management tools. It is a great tool to find relevant link opportunities. With advanced link management, in-depth reports, and competitive analysis Advanced Link Manager provides you with everything you need to optimize your link building strategy.
9. SEO Site Checkup – is a strategic tool that analyzes SEO metrics of different URLs, providing important information about your competition. It allows you to see backlinks in order of importance, examine the quality of your backlinks, and export your backlink reports into a separate file that you can use to track their performance over time. It allows you to easily monitor and analyze your backlink profile, but it also analyzes and aggregates the data, radically simplifying the process for you and your team.
10. CognitiveSEO – tool provides a unique analysis process that delivers unparalleled Backlink Analysis, Content Audit and Rank Tracking for every Site. It is the authority tool to help you quickly and easily find the weaknesses and holes in your backlink campaign. It analyzes your link profile to find unnatural links that might be incurring penalties and gives you the tools you need to quickly remedy the situation. With a wide variety of tools that allow you to audit, analyze, and track your backlink performance, CognitiveSEO is one of the leading tools on the market.
11. LinkOdy – Online Backlink Checker & Monitoring Tool to manage your backlinks. Get valuable SEO metrics. Get email alerts for new/disappeared backlinks. LinkOdy eliminates the need to manually track backlinks, and provides you with a simple and automated way to keep tabs on your link profile. They provide link notifications, a link disavow tool, Moz data, link analytics and much more. Without a doubt, Linkody is the best backlink software on the market today.
12. SERPS – is one of the most widely used SEO tools on the market. It provides you with a plethora of tools to optimize your search engine performance and maximize your link building efforts. With a rank index chart, google analytics integration, keyword tagging, bulk rank checker, and a backlink explorer, SERPS has all of the tools that you need and more. It is a Powerful Enterprise SEO software platform for brands and agencies. Monitor, test, measure and prove SEO strategies to anyone.
13. Serpstat – is an all-in-one SEO platform, which consists of five different modules and is used for Keyword Research, Competitor Analysis, Site Audit, Backlink Analysis and Rank Tracking. It is a keyword ranking research tool for in-depth competitor analysis, business intelligence and building advertising campaigns. Serpstat allows you to quickly analyze referring domains, see your backlink history from the past 2 years, and analyze your competitor’s strategy to so that you can optimize your own.
14. Seoptimer – is a fantastic free to use tool that analyzes your website and gives you a comprehensive grade and suggestions based on their findings. Quick and simple Search Engine Optimization audit tool and website review of any web page.
15. URL Profiler – is the easiest way to quickly audit your links, content, and social data. It provides you with link and social sharing metrics, tools to build your content inventory, and a comprehensive audit of unnatural backlinks. It is a tool which allows you to extract and analyze bulk data from websites at both the domain and URL level. A powerful analysis tool, URL Profiler can be used to perform a wide range of SEO-related tasks including content audits, backlink analysis, competitive research, and penalty audits. URL Profiler makes it easy to extract and compile the data you need to optimize your link building campaign in a matter of minutes.
16. GroupHigh – is the quintessential influencer marketing tool. It is the largest, most comprehensive database of blogs, bloggers, and social communities. GroupHigh was created to simplify the process of building relationships with blogs and social communities. By providing a database and research platform that makes finding and connecting with social influencers less time-consuming we save our clients countless research hours and provide high quality, actionable data for use in their blog outreach and marketing efforts.
17. Broken Link Builder – This simple but powerful tool allows you to safely grow your link profile and find the low hanging fruit of the internet that are ripe for the picking. Broken Link Builder simplifies content creation and outreach allowing you to minimize the amount of time that you spend on link building activities and maximize the profit. Use the Broken Link Builder to find broken, dead or otherwise non-functioning pages related to your topic area. By simply typing in a keyword or phrase, Broken Link Builder will quickly hunt down dozens, if not hundreds, of broken links that provide you with excellent link building opportunities.
18. Whitespark – is one of the premier SEO and link building tools for local SMBs. If you are looking to build local links, Whitespark scours the local web to find the best link building opportunities that are congruent with your company and location. And Whitespark does more than just help you build backlinks. It also enables you to gather client testimonials, maximize your local reputation and social proof, and audit your list of current citations to optimize your search engine presence.
19. Linkassistant – is one of the most powerful tools. It is your one stop shop for back link outreach. Linkassistant compiles a comprehensive list of high quality prospects and insights into each of those prospects in a matter of minutes. Linkassistant also provides you with customized link building reports that will help you analyze your progress and plug any holes in your strategy. LinkAssistant SEO Tool is loaded with a wealth of features to entirely transform your link building experience, making it many times faster and child-easy.
20. WhoLinksToMe – is a simple and easy to use tool that provides you with comprehensive link data, extensive reports, and competitive intelligence. It is a reporting service that provides analytics reports detailing all of a given site’s existing backlinks. This tool allows you to easily monitor backlinks, find key prospects, and keep an eye on the competition so you can learn from their success and failure. WhoLinkstoMe will help you maximize your ROI and create a fully optimized link building strategy for a fraction of the cost of other tools.